Environmentally conscious homeowners and buyers are looking beyond aesthetics to prioritize features that save money, add value, increase marketability, and help reduce our carbon footprint. Installing solar panels is a great way to accomplish all of these goals.
Here are six ways you’ll benefit from upgrading to solar – and one great reason to do it with a Pearl Certified installer.
Six Advantages of Adding Solar to Your Home or Business
1. Solar panels help combat greenhouse gas emissions and reduce our collective dependence on fossil fuels.
2. The average 6 KWh solar panel system installed anywhere in the country can save you about $1,500 per year on electricity bills.
3. According to a 2019 study by Zillow, homes with solar-energy systems sold for 4.1% more on average than comparable homes without solar power. For a median-valued home, that translates to an additional $9,274.
4. According to Zillow, nearly half of homebuyers now seek energy-efficient features when they’re shopping for homes.
Adding solar panels can extend the life of your roof.
5. Because of our excessively high electricity costs the state of Michigan is the 15th best in the country for return on investment of a residential solar array.
6. You can take advantage of the 26% Federal Tax Credit for alternative energy investments.
Plus One Big Advantage to Using a Pearl Certified Contractor
7. Adding solar with a Pearl Certified contractor allows home appraisers to add the value of the solar array to the value of the home even when comparable comps do not exist.
Choosing a Contractor
Once you’ve decided to add solar panels to your home, you’ll need to consider what company you’ll choose for installation. Using a Pearl Certified Contractor is a way to add additional value to your home and increase its marketability. Without Pearl Certification homeowners cannot count on the added solar array to increase the home value. A recent study found that Pearl Certified homes command a 5% sales price premium, and solar installations can add $4 per watt of installed photovoltaic capacity to the sale price.
In addition to 14 years of experience installing solar systems for lower peninsula homeowners and businesses, Michigan Solar Solutions is the only solar contractor in Michigan with the distinction of being a Pearl Certified Contractor.
What Is Pearl Certification?
So what is Pearl Certification? The organization was launched in 2015 to increase the number of sustainable homes across the globe by empowering homeowners to increase the health, comfort, efficiency, resilience, and value of their homes. Pearl Advantage Network Contractors are an elite group of home service professionals vetted and verified by Pearl.
Because MSS is a Pearl Certified Professional, any improvement we make to your home can earn a Pearl Certification, which can also tell future home buyers that your home is different and superior to others.
Pearl works with national leaders from the DOE, EPA, ENERGY STAR, and other consultants. So, when you work with MSS, you will have peace of mind that you made the right choice.
How to Get Started with Solar
To get started, ask for a Solar Site Analysis to see how solar will perform on your property and the long-term value available. After your solar upgrades are complete, MSS will ensure they are documented and certified by an independent third party.
You’ll never have to guess about your solar array performance. MSS also offers a Cash-Back Energy Guarantee program that provides 24/7 professional monitoring, proactive service dispatch, 100% covered maintenance, live support and diagnostics from our solar experts, and an energy guarantee.
Look to Michigan Solar Solutions, your local Pearl Advantage contractor, serving Michigan’s lower peninsula, from Grand Rapids to Alpena to Monroe and everywhere in between to help you create a healthier, more energy-efficient, and earth-friendly living space. Get a Solar Site Analysis now to see how you can tap the power of Pearl Certification to increase the value of your home.