When you’re considering installing solar, knowing your electricity costs and usage pattern is crucial to determining the right solar array for you. Michigan Solar Solutions uses a 12 month period of energy usage to size an array specific to a customer’s needs. Here is a step-by-step guide to make accessing your bill easy and painless for two of the biggest power companies in Michigan. If you’re with a different power company their process for accessing your bill may be similar. Contact us if you still need help.
Consumers Energy Customers
- Visit www.consumersenergy.com and log in. If you don’t have an account, click “Create a Profile.” This allows you to receive your bill via email if you haven’t already. From here, you can also view and pay your full energy bills.
2. Once inside your account, you will see an option to pay your bill. Click the blue text “View Account Details.”
3. Click “Account History” in your Dashboard on the left side of the screen to view your billing history.
4. Select “View Bill” for your most recent statement. On the first page, you will see a break-down of your usage over the past 12 months. On the second page there will be a break-down of your energy charges and fees.
For Sizing an Array: We will use the kWh usage from each month to average out your energy needs.
After Installing Solar: You can easily view your Energy Credits and savings from solar on the second page.
- Visit www.newlook.dteenergy.com and sign in. If you don’t have an account, click “Create Online Account.”
2. To view your detailed billing history, hover over “Billing & Payment” and select “My Billing & History” from the drop-down menu. You can also click “My Current Bill” then “My Billing & History.”
3. Select “Bills”, then “View Current Bill.” This will take you to a 2-page billing break-down.
First Page: This contains a 12-month record of your usage history. We need this information to size your array.
Second Page: Before you install solar, you will see a full break-down of your charges and fees. After you install solar, you will be able to see additional fields showing your solar information.
To learn how much you could save on your residential electricity bills with solar power, request a FREE online solar analysis. You’ll be guided to upload your electric bill to help up prepare your analysis and find the perfect solution for you.
Looking to understand your commercial electricity usage and explore solar for your business? Take a look at our blog How to be Sure Commercial Buildings are Not Being Over Charged for Electricity.
Michigan Solar Solutions is a commercial and residential solar installer and electrical contractor that has served the lower peninsula of Michigan since 2007. We have installed thousands of panels and have a happy customer near you, check out what our customers think of us Guild Quality.